A LINTHWAITE mother and her three children escaped yesterday from a house fire started by their tumble dryer.
Fire broke out at the house on Manchester Road at 12.45am today, after a tumble dryer left on overnight caught fire.
The 32-year-old woman was asleep upstairs, but smelled smoke and woke to get her children – aged two, 12 and 14 – out of the house safely.
She and the two-year-old girl were taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The kitchen of the house was left burnt out and there was severe smoke damage to the rest of the house.
Huddersfield fire crews fought the blaze.
Firefighters are warning people not to leave electrical machinery on overnight, after two recent fires were started by dryers being left on.