A MOTHER-OF-SIX had her operation cancelled - as she lay waiting in theatre.
Tracey Wadsworth, 36, is furious after medics refused to remove her tonsils because they couldn't agree on the best way to treat her.
Tracey, of Leymoor Road, Golcar, had waited seven months for the operation at the Calderdale Royal Hospital in Halifax.
"I have got a phobia about it and had got all worked up," she said.
"My husband had taken time off to be with me and I had made arrangements for my children.
"I had had a pre-med and was waiting for the anaesthetist. I waited over an hour and then they told me it was cancelled.
"I am so angry about it."
Tracey - who suffered a blood clot two years ago - was told the operation could not go ahead because the anaesthetist and surgeon could not agree on whether to give her the blood-thinning drug Warfarin.
She said: "I explained at every stage about my blood clot since I first went for my outpatient appointment and every doctor I have seen said it was fine.
"But when they gave me the form saying why the operation had been cancelled, it said it was due to a lack of guidance on policy of deep vein thrombosis.
"I'm now going to have to wait until after Christmas for my operation. I am so annoyed."
A spokeswoman for Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust said: "We are sorry that Ms Wadsworth's operation had to be cancelled. Patient safety is our absolute priority and operations cancelled at a late stage are done so in the patient's best interests.
"Operations are cancelled for clear medical reasons and to determine the safest and most appropriate way forward to meet a patient's needs."