A pensioner has been made homeless after a fire ripped through her home in Dewsbury this morning.
The woman was alerted by smoke alarms at her terraced house in The Combs, Thornhill at 3.40am.
She managed to get out of the house and was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
She declined to go to hospital and her grandson had arrived to take care of her.
Fire crews from Dewsbury spent two hours dealing with the incident, which is believed to have been accidental.
The fire caused extensive damage to the downstairs living room and kitchen area.