TWELVE parents of children under five will be presented with certificates after a five-week course about first aid in the home.
The course covered choking, burns, poisons, resuscitation and home safety. The course was organised jointly at Elmwood Clinic, Holmfirth, by Kirklees Council Environmental Services and health visitors.
It was delivered by a trainer from the Mid-Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The certificates will be presented at Holme Valley Memorial Hospital by Clr Ann Denham, the Kirklees Cabinet member with responsibility for the environment and highways.
She said: "We have set ourselves a target to reduce accidents in the home, particularly those involving children under five and people over 65."
"Thousands of children under five attend the accident and emergency departments every year. Very many of these visits are preventable and this course will save children pain and suffering and the NHS a considerable amount of money.
For information on courses phone Cath Rawnsley-Pemberton on 01484 226454.