YORKSHIRE Water provides a better all-round service than any other water and sewerage company in the UK, says a report today.
The company, which supplies 4.7m people and 140,000 businesses, has come top of watchdog Ofwat's annual league table for operational and customer service excellence.
The announcement confirms a turnaround at Yorkshire Water.
Today's report shows how:
* Leaks from the region's pipes have been reduced by 45% over the past 10 years
* Yorkshire's tap water is the best ever, with 99.95% compliance with health standards
* The number of properties in Yorkshire and Humberside suffering from poor water pressure has been reduced to 155
* The number of properties experiencing sewer flooding has been almost halved since 1998
* All billing inquiries are handled within five days
* Some 99.8% of all written complaints are dealt with within 10 days.
Managing director Kevin Whiteman said: "This is fantastic news for customers and is testimony to the hard work and dedication of our employees."