A RETIRED Huddersfield builder died from industrial related disease an inquest has heard.
Ronald McManus, 89, died on October 18 last year at Aden Court Care Home, Moldgreen.
The Coroner’s Court sitting at Huddersfield heard how Mr McManus had been exposed to asbestos during his career.
A post mortem confirmed the cause of death as mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos.
Coroner Dr Peter Straker, who did not disclose Mr McManus’ former employers, told the court the deceased had worked at Deighton Sewage Works where he was part of a five-man squad whose job it was to fill bags with asbestos.
Dr Straker told the court: “To return a verdict of industrial disease I must be satisfied on the balance of probabilities that the cause of death was the result of a disease caused by work.
“I am satisfied that Mr McManus died of industrial disease.”
He expressed his sympathy to Mr McManus’ brother Stan who was present in court.