A MASSIVE rocket stick careered through a Lepton man's attic window.
Derek Ingleby discovered the damage when he went into his loft to get his electric drill and found the room covered in glass.
He then found the large stick which is about 4ft long.
His grandsons, Elliott, 13, and Lloyd, 12, sleep in the room when they come to visit.
It was lucky they were not there when the stick came crashing through.
Mr Ingleby said the incident added to the controversy over fireworks.
He said: "It makes you wonder where all the sticks go after the rocket has exploded in the sky.
"If this stick had hit someone, it may well have killed them.
"It has smashed straight through a double-glazed unit.
"Our next-door neighbours have a conservatory.
"Goodness knows what would have happened if they had been sitting in there and the stick had come through.
"These things are incredibly dangerous.
"I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw the damage."