FIRE safety in the home will be the burning issue at a community event.
Slaithwaite fire station is holding an advice day on fire safety.
Other specialists will be giving information on benefits and social services at the station on Friday.
The firefighters will talk about the potential fire hazards in the home - open chip pans, cigarettes and worn flexes on kettles - and also the importance of having at least one smoke detector downstairs and upstairs.
The event at the station on New Street will be from 10am to 2pm.
People will be able to pick up a free, low-energy light bulb and book a free home fire safety check.
Community fire safety officer Ian Charlesworth said: "The day gives people the opportunity to visit their community fire station for a cup of tea or coffee and pick up advice on benefits or social services.
"We'll be on hand to talk about fire safety in the home or at work.
"If people want to book a home fire safety check they can call in. We'll arrange to call to their home at a convenient time and fit smoke alarms, where necessary, at no extra charge."
* Anyone can call 0800 587 4536 to book a free home fire safety check at any time.