TWO brothers had a lucky escape after a pile of wood caught fire in their home.
Firefighters were called to Strawberry Avenue in Liversedge at 5.40am today after the wood, next to a wood-burning stove, set alight.
The two middle aged men who live at the property were alerted by a smoke alarm and escaped the house.
Crews from Cleckheaton and Batley fire stations spent about an hour dealing with the incident.
The kitchen-dining area containing the stove was badly damaged.
For a free home fire safety check and free smoke alarm, call 0800 5874536.