Plans for a local children's hospice is being boosted by a series of fun events, DAVID HIMELFIELD reports in the third of a series on the work of the West Yorkshire Forget Me Not Trust.
THE West Yorkshire Forget Me Not Trust is targeting everyone in its latest fundraising campaign.
The charity will be running a series of events including a Christmas ball and carol concert.
The charity, which aims to build a children's respite centre and hospice in Kirklees, will hold a Festive Frolic Christmas bash at the Quayside Balcony, Huddersfield University, on December 9th.
Huddersfield University students raised money to pay for the venue hire.
The night, featuring dancing, a live band, a disco, a bottle tombola, a buffet feast, is sponsored by Lynda's Transport of Huddersfield.
Guests will be expected to dress in their smartest festive red and black threads. The room will be decked out by KD Decorative who decorate cruise ships.
Forget-Me-Not fundraising manager Mandy Barwick said: "We need this to be a huge celebration for everyone to join in.
"We've had Christmas balls in the past but this time we've made it affordable to everybody.
"The aim is to get everyone under one roof at the same time to meet each other and have a good knees up. We want to rekindle that feeling of Christmas."
Tickets are £20. One free ticket is available for a booking of 10 or more.
On the same festive theme, Forget-Me-Not and The Examiner have organised a Christmas Carol concert at Huddersfield Town Hall on December 13. Kirklees Youth Symphony Orchestra, Scisset Middle School Choir and University of the Third Age will be performing. Nestlé has pledged chocolate treats for all performers.
Mandy said: "We want to pack the Town Hall to the rafters. It should appeal to people of all ages. Forgot-Me-Not is enthusiastic about this concert because children are our future fundraisers. The children take so much time and effort and they get very excited."
Tickets are £5 including refreshments and entry in the raffle.
The Forget-Me-Not Trust will also be holding:
* A fashion show with Huddersfield Town FC at The Galpharm Stadium on November 14
* An Abba tribute concert with Birstall Luddites at Batley Frontier on November 14
* A festive concert at Salendine Nook Baptist Church on November 18
* A 'Love Lindley' fundraiser at Lindley shopping centre to coincide with the switching on of the Christmas lights on November 25
* A charity fayres at St Francis Church, Fixby organised by Fixby Friends and at St Peters Parish Church, Huddersfield organised by Huddersfield Support Group on December 2
* A 'Dinner with Festive Brass and Song' at The Design House, Dean Clough, Halifax December 11
* A brass band and choral concert at Holmfirth Civic Hall on December 17.
To buy tickets for any event or for more information call The Forget-Me-Not Trust on 01484 489 789 or log onto www.forgetmenottrust.co.uk