HUDDERSFIELD MP Barry Sheerman is to speak to senior ministers to demand all schools are fitted with carbon monoxide detectors.
His call comes the day after 25 school pupils from Crookhill Primary School in the Ryton area of Gateshead were rushed to hospital with suspected CO poisoning.
Youngsters at the Tyne and Wear school reported feeling sick and dizzy at lunchtime on Tuesday.
The students were rushed to hospital - none are believed to be suffering from life-threatening symptoms.
Mr Sheerman, chair of the Education Select Committee, said: "This just highlights the issue myself and Stacey Rodgers have been campaigning about."
Stacey Rodgers' son Dominic, 10, died from inhaling CO fumes at his Fartown home in February 2004.
He added: "There should be CO detectors in every school.
"This could have been a much nastier incident, luckily it appears no one has been hurt in the long-term.
"It could have been very different. With the tragic death of the two youngsters in Corfu, the issue has been brought very close to home."
Tragic Christianne Shepherd, seven, and her brother Robert, six, of Horbury in Wakefield, died from carbon monoxide poisoning on October 26 while on holiday, after a leak from a suspected faulty boiler.
Mr Sheerman said he would be asking for adequate safety equipment to be put in all schools.
He added: "We have been examining schools which have been built recently which don't even have a sprinkler system.
"There should be no question about CO detectors in schools."
Mr Sheerman also called for all holiday brochures and guidebooks to feature details of important safety checks.
The All Party Parliamentary Gas Safety Group, which Mr Sheerman chairs, is now collecting detailed information on the regulations and track records of 24 countries across Europe.
The move comes just two months after the cross-party body criticised the Government and gas retailers for failing to prevent deaths from the odourless gas.
Mr Sheerman said the "best memorial" to the two children who died in Corfu would be to improve safety standards across Europe to prevent similar tragedies happening in future.
"The two tragic deaths show that we need to be ambitious," he said. "A lot
of people travel in Europe and some countries have a flaky record.
"We need to standardise safety rules and make people safe."
Councillors for Horbury Janet and Brian Holmes have backed the initiative and have already asked their MP, Ed Balls, to take the issue up in Parliament.
Charity group CO-gas Safety Campaign has been pushing for an EU directive on the installation and maintenance of gas appliances since 1992.
President Stephanie Trotter said: "Some countries have no regulations at all."