A MAN remains in hospital more than two weeks after his girlfriend died.

Roland Wessling, of Slaithwaite, is in a stable condition following a camping tragedy.

His partner, Hazel Woodhams, 30, died on July 5.

Carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a charcoal barbecue is thought to be the cause of her death.

Mr Wessling was admitted to hospital during the afternoon of July 5, hours after Ms Woodhams was fatally overcome by suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

He is still at the James Paget Hospital in Great Yarmouth 17 days later.

The 40-year-old forensic archaeologist is a research fellow in forensic archaeology and anthropology at Cranfield University in Bedfordshire.

His area of interest has led him to work on the conservation of a remains project in Rwanda.

Ms Woodhams had been a scenes of crime officer with West Yorkshire Police for three years.

An inquest was opened and adjourned into her death last week.