FIRE damaged two homes yesterday.
In the first incident, firefighters were called to Park Drive, in Mirfield, at 12.50pm after a chip pan was left unattended.
Crews from Mirfield and Dewsbury spent an hour at the scene.
The kitchen was gutted and the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.
At 3.05pm firefighters raced to another house fire on Darley Road, in Liversedge. The blaze was started by a faulty cable in the immersion heater in the airing cupboard.
The fire spread to towels in the airing cupboard and then to the roof void.
Two adults and a baby managed to escape from the house after being alerted by a smoke alarm.
Firefighters from Cleckheaton spent two and a half hours at the scene.
The upstairs and roof space of the house suffered smoke and fire damage.