A BRADLEY house was filled with smoke after a homeowner left a pan of food on the cooker.
A blaze started at a house on Stubley Close when the pan overheated and set alight.
Brighouse firefighters were called out to tackle the blaze but said there was no fire damage to the house.
Firefighter Mark Williamson said: “There was a working smoke alarm but it was on the bathroom cabinet so could not be heard.
“Thankfully the occupant had evacuated to safety and was unhurt.
“We did a risk assessment while we were there and gave advice about the siting of smoke alarms and how important they are.”
The incident happened at 2.20pm on Wednesday afternoon and crews were at the scene for 45 minutes.