A SLAITHWAITE teenager died after drinking too much on Christmas Eve, an inquest heard.
Jamie Dickinson, 18, died after downing white rum with a friend at his home in Bridley Drive on December 24 last year.
His father Charles told the Huddersfield inquest in a statement that he had found his son, a catering worker, blue and unresponsive in his bedroom just after 9pm.
He said that his son had returned home at around 5pm on Christmas Eve, bringing with him bottles of rum and a friend.
Mr Dickinson said his friend had been sick and went he went upstairs to check on his son he found the teenager unresponsive and surrounded by vomit.
A one-and-a-half litre bottle of white rum was found by his bed, and a toxicological examination found him to have the equivalent of 17 single measures of spirits in his blood.
Pathologist Dr Alan Padwell said that the teenager’s death was due to “acute alcohol intoxication”.
Coroner Roger Whittaker recorded a verdict of accidental death.