TOWN hall chiefs are making their second bid for cash to strengthen road bridges.
Sites across Kirklees have been earmarked for the work - if Government ministers stump up the finance.
The £15.2m bid has gone to the Department for Transport after months of preparation.
It includes a slice for repairing two miles of highway retaining walls, and to strengthen and refurbish bridges to nationally- approved standards.
An application for £6.77m to carry out some of the work was rejected last year.
A council spokesman said: "The highways and transportation service was advised to re-submit it in a different format, which has now been done."
Nine bridges have been identified for strengthening work so that they can cope with heavier traffic.
* Cooper Bridge, Bradley.
* King's Bridge, King's Mill Lane, Huddersfield.
* Union Bridge, Marsden.
* Calder River Bridge, Ravensthorpe.
* Ravensthorpe Road Railway Bridge, Ravensthorpe.
* Cleggford Bridge, Thornhill Lees.
* Headfield Road Railway Bridge, Thornhill Lees.
* Savile River Bridge, Dewsbury.
* Soothill Lane Railway Bridge, Batley.
A decision by the Department for Transport is expected in early December.