POIGNANT images of a young boy will herald a safety campaign in Huddersfield.
Photographs of tragic Dominic Rodgers will be used to highlight the dangers of carbon monoxide, the `silent killer'.
The campaign will be launched on Monday with a united front by councillors, Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman, Dominic's mum Stacey - who has waged a battle to highlight the dangers - and Huddersfield Town players.
The launch marks the official start of a major bus advertising campaign.
It is timed to coincide with the third anniversary of the death of former Fartown schoolboy Dominic, who died aged 10 after breathing in fumes from a faulty boiler.
The bus adverts will feature a photo of Dominic and are an important part of a larger initiative that his mum has helped to develop.
The project aims to warn people about the danger of carbon monoxide and let them know how they can help protect themselves and their families by having their appliances serviced regularly and installing CO alarms.
Mr Sheerman, the co-chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Gas Safety Group, will be the keynote speaker at the Huddersfield launch.
He said: "Because of recent tragedies, sadly in this region, most of us are only too well aware of the dangers caused by the potentially deadly gas.
"Far fewer people understand the risk factors or what they can do to help protect themselves and their families.
"It's vital that people learn what they can do to help prevent even more tragedies from happening."
Ms Rodgers and players from the Town club - which Dominic supported - will release 500 orange and blue helium balloons, which also carry the key campaign message.
The following day Ms Rodgers will talk to children and parents at Crowlees School in Mirfield about the campaign.
The children will then take part in a second balloon release.
The first 50 people who find a balloon will be able to claim a free CO detector worth over £25.
Ms Rodgers said: "I don't want anyone else to go through what our family did when we lost Dominic.
"So I really hope this campaign pushes everyone who sees it to do something.
"If you live in a council house, make sure you let the gas team do their safety checks.
"If you live in a private rented house, make sure your landlord has a safety certificate.
"And if you own your home, get a Corgi-registered supplier to check your appliances."
Also planned for the year are a number of information and training events aimed at the public and professionals who work in the homes of particularly vulnerable groups.
The campaign is supported by Kirklees Council's Building Services; Corgi, the gas safety watchdog; the Dominic Rodgers Trust; Kirklees Council; Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing; Northern Gas Networks; and the Sadeh Lok Housing Association.
Kirklees Council's Cabinet member responsible for environmental issues, Clr Martyn Bolt, said: "The council fully supports this campaign.
"We are committed to working with our partners to try to eradicate carbon monoxide poisoning in Kirklees."