ROADWORKS are to start in New Mill on Monday, January 19.
They will be between the Spring Lane and The Crescent junctions of the A635 Penistone Road.
It is part of a programme of road and path reconstruction.
Measures will include:
* A new pavement on the western side of Holmfirth Road between the Duke of Leeds pub and Royd Avenue
* A new zebra crossing in Sheffield Road, to the north of Water Hall Court
* A new pedestrian refuge in Huddersfield Road opposite the White Hart pub
* A speed reduction scheme using signs and road markings
* Widened pavement near the post office entrance to slow down traffic going up Penistone Road from Holmfirth Road
* New kerbs
* Repairs to drains
To keep inconvenience to a minimum Kirklees Council's contractors, North Midland Construction, will work a seven-day week, with temporary road closures only at weekends.
The work should be completed by April.
Clr David Payne, Kirklees Council Cabinet member for transport, said: "I am pleased to see the last phase of the improvement of this route about to begin.
"It gives us the opportunity to try to improve the difficult junction in the centre of the village."
The design relied heavily on extensive consultation with villagers and businesses, Clr Payne added.