BRAVE Stacey Rodgers will be guest of honour at a sponsored walk in memory of her fumes victim son.
Dominic, 10, died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the former family home in Fartown. The tragedy sparked a nationwide safety alert.
Stacey will travel to the Isle of Wight to join campaigners staging a 26-mile walk.
Their sponsorship money will go to CO-Gas Safety, a charity which lobbies for changes to prevent deaths like those of Dominic.
They step out across the island on June 5.
Stephanie Trotter, the charity's president, said they were grateful for Stacey's support.
She said: "We greatly admire Stacey's courage in raising funds for detectors with audible warnings."
Dominic died in his sleep at his home at Spaines Road, Fartown, in February.
His death was blamed on fumes from a poorly ventilated boiler which seeped through his bedroom floor from a passage running between two back-to-back homes.
The website is at www.co-gassafety.co.uk or e-mail Stephanie Trotter at firstname.lastname@example.org