SAFETY experts today repeated an urgent appeal over gas boilers.
The Health and Safety Executive is urging people to have their boilers checked, following the death of a 10-year-old Huddersfield boy.
Dominic Rodgers died of carbon monoxide poisoning at his home at Spaines Road, Fartown, in February.
Fumes from the boiler flue sent gas into a passageway between back to back houses, which then seeped into his bedroom.
He was discovered dead in bed on February 12.
Investigations are still being conducted into the positioning of the boiler.
But the H&SE say that where a gas boiler has been fitted with the flue venting into the covered passageway or ginnel between houses, there is a significant risk that the ventilation of the flue is insufficient.
A spokesman said: "This could present immediate dangers to life from carbon monoxide poisoning or there could be a risk of damage to the building from fire."
David Powell, a H&SE inspector, said: "If your boiler is like this we urge you to have it checked out by a CORGI registered gas engineer - your life might depend on it."