CAMPAIGNING mum Stacey Rodgers has welcomed a new push for safety for British holidaymakers heading abroad.
Ms Rodgers said she was delighted that people were now targeting the dangers of carbon monoxide in homes, both in the UK and abroad.
And she praised the bravery of a Horbury couple who spoke out this week after the tragic deaths of their young children.
The families of the children who died of carbon monoxide poisoning on holiday called for tour operators to tighten up safety procedures, at a news conference to raise awareness of the silent killer.
Christi Shepherd, seven, and her six-year-old brother, Bobby, of Horbury, died during their half-term break in Corfu in October.
Paul Wood, husband of Sharon Wood, the children's mother, said: "We want to stop other holidaymakers dying in the same pointless way."
Ms Rodgers, of Deighton, has battled for more awareness about what has been dubbed he Silent Killer since her young son Dominic died at their home. He was poisoned by fumes from a gas boiler.
She was at the Westminster conference when the grieving parents made their plea.
She said: "The meeting was very emotional for me.
"I looked at Sharon Wood and all the family and tears were in my eyes. It made me think that was me after Dominic's death wanting to save more lives. They are also doing that but also grieving.
"There is nothing we can do but urge people to go out and get a carbon monoxide detector once again.
"What price for a life in a home a holiday home or even schools?
"I am sure Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman will back this, as he has been a key supporter in my case.
"I thought I had the heart and sorrow of the nation, but I pass my Dominic's angel badge on to Sharon Wood and her family.
"Now I want to call on the travel agents to get a grip and warn people of the dangers.
"If they put people in the right accommodation with safe regulations then this wouldn't be a problem and another tragedy would not arisen.
"They should know what sort of places they are putting holiday makers into.
"Once again, let's stop this."