AN elderly Huddersfield woman suffered burns after her kitchen caught fire.
The blaze broke out after a pan was left unattended on the cooker at the house in Stutely Grove, Bradley, at 4.55pm on Saturday.
Two fire crews from Huddersfield and another from Brighouse were called to the house.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus as they went through the building clearing the smoke.
The kitchen was badly damaged by the blaze and there was smoke damage throughout the house.
Mrs Lena Edmond, aged 61, had tried to put out the pan fire herself but burned her hands badly.
She also suffered the effects of smoke inhalation.
She received medical treatment at the house before being taken to the Huddersfield Royal Infirmary.
She was later discharged.