TWO women were left suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke after a pan caught fire at a house in Dewsbury.
Firefighters were called to the terraced home on William Street at 10.20am yesterday.
A pan left on the oven had caught fire and filled the house with smoke.
By the time Dewsbury firefighters arrived the pan had been carried outside.
The fire crews gave the women oxygen before paramedics arrived.
The women were not badly hurt.
Firefighters used a powerful fan to clear the smoke and then carried out a fire safety check.