A WOMAN who narrowly escaped a blaze last week is back home.
The 26-year-old had a lucky escape after a candle set her front room on fire as she slept on the sofa in the early hours of last Thursday.
She woke to thick smoke and staggered outside the house on Victoria Street in Moldgreen – but did not collapse as previously reported.
After being treated for smoke inhalation she was released from Huddersfield Royal Infirmary at 7am on Friday. She is now back home and work to repair the damaged house has begun.