WORK on a six-week accident reduction scheme in Milnsbridge should start in the first week of August.
The scheme is targeting streets with a history of accidents and the work follows consultation with local people.
It is designed to slow vehicle speeds and improve safety and sightlines.
The work includes:
* Kerbs built out on the northern side of New Street
* A raised plateau at the junction of Pickford Street and New Street
* Round-topped humps on Francis Street and Pickford Street
* Pickford Street to be one-way from Morley Lane to New Street
* Parking restrictions at the junction of Morley Lane and Pickford Street and on the southern side of the carriageway at the junction of New Street and Shaw Lane.
A Kirklees Council spokesman said: "The scheme will mean temporary road closures on Francis Street, New Street and Pickford Street.
"But the work will be done as quickly as possible and residents will still be allowed access."
The work is being carried out by Kirklees Council's highway construction team.