A HUDDERSFIELD charity has urged men to join up and achieve their dreams.
Huddersfield Round Table this week released its list of 40 things every man should achieve by the time they’re 40.
Many of the items that made the list entail challenges that Round Tablers are doing all over the world on a weekly basis.
Round Table vice-president Jason Thomson said: “The aim of the list is to motivate men to get the most out of life.
“Everything on the list is achievable and indeed lots of our members have already accomplished many of the activities through their involvement with the Round Table.
“We wanted to ensure that men in Huddersfield continue to aim high and accomplish some amazing things in their lifetime.”
He added: “Almost every man out there will have already accomplished at least one of the things on the list – most of us have experimented with growing a moustache, for example – but for those remaining, Round Table is here to help.”
Established in 1934, Huddersfield Round Table is a social and fundraising organisation for young men aged 18 to 45.
The organisation holds fundraising events throughout the year for good causes.
For more information visit www.roundtable.co.uk/top40.
See the next page for the 40.
Forty things a man should do by the time he’s 40
1. Order a vindaloo when you normally have a korma
2. Grow a moustache
3. Go clay pigeon shooting
4. Test drive a supercar
5. Give blood or be a organ donor
6. Participate in an event to challenge a ‘Guinness Book of Records’ title
7. Learn how to snowboard
8. Visit at least two of the seven wonders of the World
9. Organise a beer festival
10. Go tractor racing
11. Turn up in fancy dress to a formal event
12. Learn to give a good massage
13. Go scuba diving
14. Spend a night sleeping in the open air
15. Be dragged behind a speedboat on something inflatable
16. Turn up at the airport with a passport and luggage and catch a random flight
18. Speak in front of a large audience. Sober.
19. Climb a mountain to play tiddlywinks
20. Build a raft
21. Go to Las Vegas
22. Ride a Harley Davidson
23. Be a best man / organise a stag do
24. Get your 15 minutes of fame
25. Go to a nudist beach
26. Modify a car and go banger racing
27. Watch the sun rise and set in the same day, two days running
28. Travel from Land’s End to John O’ Groats without using a car
29. Brew your own beer
30. Bungee Jump with a difference
31. Go to a worldwide sporting event, such as the Olympics or the World Cup
32. Drink a yard of ale
33. Play in a band
34. Embarrass yourself publicly for charity
35. Score 180 in a game of darts
36. Make a difference in your community
37. Learn a foreign language – for the weekend at least. ‘Please’, ‘Thank You’, ‘Beer’.
38. Run a marathon (or half)
39. Eat a whole Scotch Bonnet Chilli
40. Join Round Table (for help with above!)