More of the same on Monday against QPR please! Until then, have a wonderful Boxing Day evening and see you next time...
A few happy voices (and tweeters!) in Huddersfield tonight!
Full Time - Huddersfield Town 3-0 Preston
That’s it! Three goals, three welcome points.
Fantastic late gift from the Terriers.
93. Absolutely nothing more than a consolation but annoying not to have a clean sheet. Despite the eforts of Chilwell on the line, Adam Reach finishes into the corner.
Huddersfield Town 3-1 Preston
92. It is worth noting that before today Preston had only conceded 17 times in 22 games. Town have scored three and have been dominant in the second 45. What a Boxing Day - and what a way to demolish that recent Boxing Day record!
Four minutes added
90. Should be a fourth for Town! Harry Bunn set on his way by Paterson but he shoots too close to Pickford. Four minutes on the board now and David Wagner can begin to celebrate his third win in charge.
Know he’s like the clean sheet too though!
88. Just as this game looked to be petering towards its conclusion, Preston’s Adam Reach is some way off target with an ambitious effort from a very difficult angle. Leave that to Nahki!
Town have been comfortable here for the last 25 minutes or so and this has been a fantastic second half display. No surprise to see Nahki Wells nominated for Man of the Match and he gets a big cheer. It’s been a really good performance from the striker and he deserves the accolade.
Final Town change
86. Jonathan Hogg gets applauded off the field by the home faithful as he comes off for Jamie Paterson. Big congratulations from his manager there as well.
82. Everyone in the stand cheering him on as Wells again races clear - his pace is doing for the Preston defence time and time again! But he just overruns it and Pickford is able to make the save from the tight angle when he shoots.
81. Brilliant from Scannell to turn and set up his chance but he then blasts over the bar. Frustrating.
Wonderful ovation from the crowd as Emyr Huws is replaced by Martin Cranie for the final ten minutes.
79. Another corner and cries of shooooooot! From the home support who are now thoroughly enjoying themselves.
And why not? Town have been great since Wells opened the scoring in the first half. All they want now is a Wells goal to really finish this off in style. Wagner’s barmy army rings out around the stadium
Speaking of special....
GOAL TOWN! Huws scores!
76. Game, set and match? Direct from the corner, the ball flies into the net from the boot of Emyr Huws! That is special.
Huddersfield Town 3-0 Preston
73. So close to a third for Wells! He seizes on a dreadful back pass but is first thwarted by the keeper and then from an impossible angle hits the post! Everyone in this stadium (apart from those to my right) desperate for him to get his hattrick and the match ball and he was agonisingly close.
Chance for Town
71. I ask and Scannell supplies... with a wayward effort after being played in by Chilwell. Still, we’re going again now!
69. Break in play and the stadium announcer uses the opportunity to inform the Preston fans that the M62 westbound remains closed. Big cheers from Town fans...who are then informed of their own road closures. Big cheers from the away end.
Can we get the game going again please?!
66. Joel Lynch and Joe Garner now in the book. Bit frustrating this - stopping the game and stopping the flow.
65. Hogg is the latest to add his name to the referee’s notebook for a foul on the edge of PNE’s box.
The man of the hour after scoring twice.
Wells on a hattrick
57. That is the 7th goal of the season for Wells and he is spearheading an exciting Town attack. Joe Lolley has just drawn another save after Town broke in numbers - although Hudson and Lynch were required at the other end to break up Preston’s move just before it.
Good second half, this!
GOAL TOWN! Wells scores!
55. That’s the second they’ve been seeking deserved! Nahki Wells doubles his and Town’s tally with a neat finish from the tighest of angles. Huddersfield 2-0 Preston!
53. The ref went back to book Gallagher for the foul on the halfway line after playing the advanantage - Wells unable to get to Scannell’s cross.
Town on the up
50. Much livelier start to this half! Harry Bunn has had a shot saved after Emyr Huws put him through and Wagner’s men are looking to build on that goal rather than sit back.
Goal ruled out
46. Town thought they had found the second but Nahki Wells is ruled offside after following in on Harry Bunn’s shot. It remains 1-0
Back under way
46. Back to the action!
Harry Bunn, who was once on loan at Preston, has replaced Kyle Dempsey at the break.
Funny old game
It’s a funny old game isn’t it? Preston were edging proceedings before the goal without offering too much going forward.
Now Town have the lead and something to hold on to, and looked much livelier after scoring. What does the second half have to offer?
A bit of slapstick to end the half as a banner blew onto the pitch as Steer was trying to get the ball back into play. It hit the keeper and prevented him from getting play going again so to the delight of the crowd mascot Terry the Terrier comes on to drag it off. He got a big round of applause for his efforts.
It’s Huddersfield 1-0 Preston at the break courtesy of Nahki Wells’ goal.
Two minutes added
45. Two minutes added at the end of this half.
44. Huntington clearly didn’t care for that last run beyond him by Wells - he clatters into him on the next play and has his name taken.