It’s the FA Cup up next so we’ll see you next weekend for the Third Round clash with Reading. Until then, enjoy the winning feeling!
Away fans applauded
Quite rightly, the players and manager are straight over to the away end to thank the 2200 fans in that end still singing noisily - Wagner better than Klopp is the chant!
(Klopp did lose today after all!)
The manager pumps his fist at the fans and the resulting cheer is nearly as loud as the goals. A German flag flies proudly. What a moment!
FT Bolton 0-2 Huddersfield
That’s it! Huddersfield run out worthy 2-0 winners - only Bolton’s third loss of the season at home!
92. Hudson clears the corner after Ben Chilwell was forced to put Feeney’s ball behind.
3 minutes added
90. Three minutes for Town to see this out now - and claim a precious clean sheet. Feels easier since Muzzy’s goal though...!
88. He had only been with us two minutes but Carayol looks to have sealed the points - another good finish after AMos had done what he could with the initial effort.
Away end saluting David Wagner in full voice - and what an inspired sub!
86. Game, set and match?!
Carayol finishes with a low shot after Wells had his effort saved by Amos. Bolton fans leaving all around us.
83. Patwerson can’t hit the target after being set up by Bunn before Bolton go down the other end in ominous numbers - but Silva’s shot is blocked.
81. Mark Hudson brings down Clough and has his name taken. Promising position for Bolton this one but again the wall stands firm.
80. Into those last ten minutes we go. Bolton send Amos forward towards the centre circle for a long free kick but Town deal with it. Bolton just sensing the possibilities at only 1-0 down
Nervous moments ahead?
74. Josh Vela into the book for a challenge on Joe Lolley.
Like most of you, Town writer Doug Thomson is wary while it’s still 1-0...
“It’s been encouraging but this game is far from won. But, this has been an encouraging second half performance so far and Town are counterattacking well.”
Town on the front foot
71. Huddersfield looking for a second and they aren’t far away! Another breakaway and the ball eventually falls to Tommy Smith, whose first time volley slides just wide of the far post.
Jamie Paterson has made a difference this half
Town on the offensive
68. Emyr Huws has a shot deflected wide and Bolton eventually clear the danger after a pair of corners in succession.
Stand up if you love the Town is the chant from the away fans to my right.
Defensive duties required
Let off for Town!
66. Bolton have reacted strongly! Clough is inches away from finding the equaliser with a curling effort after Darren Pratley had a good shot from the edge of the area which was blocked by a Town leg. Need a second...
65. Wild stab from Chilwell after being set up the goalscorer Lolley - his volley is someway off target
Lolley among the goals
62. Difficult to suggest that hadn’t been coming after Town finished the first half strongly and carried on after the break. Lolley has been one of Town’s best players and that is a wonderful finish - Amos saved his initial effort and but the second on the volley was almost unstoppable.
61. Joe Lolley breaks the deadlock with a powerful effort on the rebound that gave Amos no chance.
Clinical edge needed
Although Amos hasn’t been called upon too many times, Town do need to make more of their breakaways.
Great effort from Town fans who sold out the allocation Bolton gave them. There are 2,221 Terriers here in a 15,969 crowd.
54. Great stop from Ben Amos - the best save from either keeper so far today! He denies Nahki Wells with a wonderful one handed stop after the striker had been set up by half time sub Paterson.
Bolton free kick
53. Mark Hudson upends Mark Davies and the Trotters have a free kick around 30 yards out - but the wall does its job to perfection
49. Harry Bunn wins a corner after being set up by Emyr Huws, Lolley gets on the end of it to force a save from Amos.
Much better start to this half from Town than they did the first!
47. Oof strong start to the second half! Wells rounds Ben Amos but Prince gets back to clear the ball.
46. Back under way at the Macron Stadium where it is still 0-0. Goals please, Town!
Half time change
Jamie Paterson replaces Sean Scannell for the second period.
Well wishes from Wallace
A parting message from Murray Wallace, who today signed for Scunthorpe United permanently this afternoon.