BRIGHOUSE Town kept up the pressure on Northern Counties League Premier Division leaders Bridlington Town with a 4-0 win at derby rivals Liversedge.

Brighouse, who were without leading scorer Tom Mathews, made a sluggish start although they did create a great chance after only two minutes when James Hurtley put a free header wide from Danny Naidole’s free kick.

Liversedge’s first chance came on nine minutes when Andy Howland broke clear but Tom Taylor saved well.

Town had to make an early substitution on 26 minutes when Luke Gibson replaced the injured Craig Thompson and by the half hour mark they started to take charge of the game.

Ernest Boafa’s powerful run into the box gave James Hurtley a chance but the ball was taken off his toes just as he was about to shoot.

However, Town made this spell of pressure count and took the lead on 37 minutes when Hurtley sprayed a pass wide to Ryan Hall who laid a pass off to Naidole and he cut inside to unleash a shot into the top corner.

Within a minute it was two with Hall and Naidole again the architects and this time Naidole’s powerful shot was well saved by Hagreen, but Boafa was on hand to smash home the rebound.

After being nowhere near their best team in the first half, Town were more than happy to take a two goal lead into half-time – the back four of Sam Hewitt, Nick Jaggar, Ben Charlesworth and Tom Brown along with the impressive Taylor deserving praise for their hard work in not conceding.

However, Town started the second half on top and more or less dominated the game to the final whistle.

Gibson, Naidole and Boafa were outstanding, making light work of the tricky conditions and they constantly ran at the home defence who struggled to contain them.

The third goal came on 63 minutes with Boafa showing great strength to brush aside his marker and smash a low shot that Hagreen again did well to keep out, but the keeper couldn’t prevent the alert Hall from pouncing on the rebound and side-footing home.

Disappointingly red cards were handed out to Town’s Sam Hewitt and Liversedge’s Danny Toronczak for a scuffle on the halfway line after the two players had challenged for the ball.

Town didn’t let the dismissals affect their game and managed to score again on 75 minutes, with Boafa setting up Hurtley for a deserved goal for the hard-working Town midfielder to make it four.