The annual debate around the Christmas schedule has become as traditional as the schedule itself.
While fans and TV companies alike enjoy the annual feast of festive football, players and managers bemoan the physical and mental strain that it puts them under.
A number of things have been blamed on England’s relentless schedule and the lack of a winter break at this time if the year.
From an increase in the number of injuries to player fatigue in the latter part of the campaign and even England's poor performances at international tournaments.
So what does the data say about the main issues surrounding the debate? Have a look at the key talking points below...
The injuries argument is a simple one - the relentless onslaught of matches takes its toll on players and as the campaign drags on they begin to break down.
However, the numbers don’t really back up this argument.
Clubs who played in each of the last five completed Premier League seasons (2011-12 to 2015-16) sustained a total of 4,183 separate injuries according to records taken from physioroom.com.
Just under half of those, 2,062 (49%), were sustained in the first half of the season - August to December. That leaves 51% (2,121) which were sustained in January or later.
However, 270 of those were over the summer months of June and July. If we were to just look at injuries between January and May then the percentage of injuries sustained in the second half of the season drops to 44%.
Not having a winter break keeps the momentum going throughout the season, or so the argument against a winter break goes.
Premier League matches saw an average of 2.7 goals scored per game in both halves of each of the last five seasons.
That would suggest that teams are both attacking and defending with the same intensity throughout the season.
Winning margins are also similar - teams win games by an average of 1.3 goals per game in the first half of the season and by 1.4 per game in the second half of the season - as near as makes no difference.
So does that mean having no winter break is good for consistency of performance? Not really. It’s a similar story in Germany too where they have the longest winter break of any of Europe’s five major leagues.
The last five completed seasons have seen teams score an average of 2.9 goals per Bundesliga game either side of the winter break. Matches have also had winning margins of 1.5 goals per game either side of the break.
England’s poor showings at international tournaments have been blamed on many, many things, one of which is the lack of a winter break.
However, while England’s problems have been blamed on this, playing in England doesn’t appear to have hindered other international stars.
For example, France reached the final of Euro 2016 despite the presence of 11 English based players - nearly half of their squad.
A look back at the 12 squads to reach either a World Cup or European Championships final over the last decade shows that 47 of the 276 squads members in question (17%) were based in England at the time.
Have a look at the top of the article as our video reveals David Wagner's thoughts on the issue and have your say with our interactive poll below.
POLL: Should Huddersfield Town and the rest of English football have a winter break?
0+ VOTES SO FAR