ANDY BOOTH might have suffered frustration on the field against Yeovil.

But there was triple consolation off it when he recorded a hat trick at the Supporters Club end-of-season awards at the Galpharm on Saturday night.

Booth, who needs just one more goal to equal legend Billy Smith's 126 for Town, received the Hargreaves Memorial Cup as the club's Player of the Year.

He received 31% of the votes. Runner-up was Nathan Clarke with 20% and third Andy Holdsworth with 14%.

Booth, who was presented with the top award by Edith Hargreaves, also won the Players' Player of the Year award, which is decides by secret ballot.

His third trophy was the Away Travellers Player of the Season, which is voted by travellers on the Supporters Club coaches to each away game.

Nathan Clarke landed the trophy for the most Examiner man of the match awards (he got the tip against Yeovil as well) while James Hand won the Antoni's Memorial Trophy, given to an Academy player for outstanding achievement.

It was collected behalf of the Republic of Ireland Under 21 international by Academy chief Gerry Murphy.

The top scorers award will be delayed until after the play-offs.

Paul Rachubka The keeper couldn't really be blamed for either Yeovil goal and didn't have an awful lot else to do. Rating: 6/10

David Mirfin Solid enough defensively, but failed to make much impression with his attacking play. Like many, made some poor passes. Rating: 5/10

Danny Adams Booked for an 11th-minute foul, so possibly lucky to have escaped a red card given the penalty. Rating: 5/10

Martin McIntosh His challenge barely merited the free-kick which led to Yeovil's winner, so will be doubly disappointed. Rating: 6/10

Nathan Clarke Cool and collected under pressure but determined as well, his class, as it so often does, shone through. Rating: 7/10

Mark Hudson Again utilised as a defensive midfielder in a 4-1-3-2 formation, but not as effective as he was at Walsall. Rating: 5/10

Chris Brandon A second match in central midfield. Started strongly but had less influence as the game wore on. Rating: 5/10

Danny Schofield Struggled to get into the game and will have been annoyed not to have supplied more chances for the two frontmen. Rating: 5/10

Gary T-Fletcher Worked hard and made some telling touches, but had little in the way of clear-cut chances to add to his 14 goals. Rating: 6/10

Andy Booth A day of frustration as he fruitlessly chased a 16th goal of the season to equal legend Billy Smith's 126 for Town. Rating:6/10

David Graham Notched his ninth Town goal and looked capable of getting a 10th if only the right chance had come. Rating: 6/10


Collis, Lockwood, Skiverton, Miles, Terry, Jevons, Lindegaard, Poole, Rocastle, Davies (Harrold, 90mins), Cohen.

Subs: Gall, Jones, Guyett, Jordan.

Andy Lindegaard's hack off the line when Yeovil keeper Steve Collis could only deflect Andy Booth's 49th minute header slightly off its original course. A second goal for Town at that stage would surely have settled the home side and knocked the stuffing out of the visitors, who rallied to seal a crucial win.

Yeovil's travelling band of 504 will have been happier with Grant Hegley's display than the rest of the 14,473 crowd. While the penalty was more down to assistant Steven Cummins, the whistler from Hertfordshire surprised many with his ruling on the Martin McIntosh challenge which led to the free-kick winner.

Nathan Clarke:

Made some big challenges, won some big headers, and was always trying to drive the team on. He will surely be a major player in the play-off matches.

IT GOES without saying that Town can't afford to cave in for a third straight home match.

Next time Peter Jackson's team take to the Galpharm pitch will be in the League I play-off semi-finals.

And their mindset, and approach, needs to be more positive than against Chesterfield 13 days ago and Yeovil on Saturday.

One of Town's big strengths this season has been their solid home form, but in their last two outings, they have stuttered badly.

Just as against Chesterfield, Town began brightly and got the reward of a David Graham opener, in this case after eight minutes, but then lost their way.

Controversy surrounded both of Phil Jevons' goals for a Yeovil side who ensured their survival in the division with this victory.

The first, on 66 minutes, was confidently tucked away by the former Everton man after left-back Danny Adams was ruled by assistant referee Steven Cummins to have fouled frontman Arron Davies.

And the second, on 72, was fired into goalkeeper Paul Rachubka's top right-hand corner from a free-kick harshly awarded by whistler Grant Hegley for `climbing' by centre-back Martin McIntosh.

But Town hardly deserved the win they needed to have had any hope of keeping alive their hopes of automatic promotion to the Championship.

They created few clear-cut chances, their passing was poor and they failed to build any phases of concerted pressure, even after going behind.

There was nothing wrong with the way they opened up as Jackson stuck with the same starting line-up, and 4-1-3-2 formation for the previous week's 3-1 win at Walsall.

Chris Brandon, who was busy early on, and Graham both flashed in shots before the opener arrived.

Adams and Gary Taylor-Fletcher both got in headers before Andy Booth made the crucial connection, nodding the ball into the path of Graham, who had time and space to shoot past goalkeeper Steve Collis, who got a hand to the ball but couldn't prevent it rolling into his right-hand corner.

It was the Sheffield Wednesday loan man's ninth goal in Town colours and just the kind of fillip both players and fans were after, but despite enjoying most of the first-half possession, Jackson's side were unable to add to their advantage.

The closest they came before the break was in the 18th minute, when after McIntosh belted a free-kick straight into the Yeovil wall, Brandon picked out Graham whose shot on the turn was saved by Collis.

Left-back Colin Miles made a crucial tackle as Taylor-Fletcher advanced on goal in the 41st minute, and a minute later, the Town man's header from right-back David Mirfin's cross was comfortably collected by Collis.

The keeper also dealt easily with Graham's angled shot 90 seconds after the restart, before Yeovil had a big let-off two minutes later.

Mark Hudson's shot was deflected for a corner, and from fellow midfielder Danny Schofield's flag kick, right-back Andy Lindegaard cleared off the line when Collis could only deflect the path of Booth's firm header.

Schofield then fired wide from another corner soon after.

Town were left to rue their failure to score a second when Yeovil, who had shown little in the way of penalty-area prowess previously, levelled.

While the spot kick itself was disputed (although to be fair to flagman Cummins, he was right in line with the incident and indicated immediately), there was no doubt about the credentials of the finish, with Jevons forcing Rachubka to commit himself to his left with a neat feign, then desptaching the ball to the other side.

There was also a stamp of quality about the winner.

Jevons, who was the victim of McIntosh's `foul', got up to curl his shot into Rachubka's top right-hand corner.

Adnan Ahmed and Pawel Abbott were brought on, but Town were unable to find any real impetus.

Indeed it was Yeovil who came closest to scoring again when, on 77 minutes, David Poole elected to pass rather than shoot, and Davies' shot was blocked by Nathan Clarke.