IN-FORM Huddersfield Giants replaced Wakefield in Super League's top six with the sort of performance which suggests they will be there to stay.

Although it took Jon Sharp's men 20 minutes to grab the first of their six tries, they dominated their Millennium Magic clash at Cardiff's magnificent national stadium from start to finish.

On attack, they looked sharper and far more dangerous than a Wildcats side devoid of ideas.

And that was clearly a measure of how strong the Giants once again defended, with both of their opponents' scores coming on the back of rare Huddersfield errors.

The second, on the stroke of full-time, came after Robbie Paul's long pass had been intercepted by Jamie Rooney.

But the fit-again Paul could be forgiven this one mistake in light of his positive contribution earlier in the piece.

The New Zealander has always relished playing on the big stage, and the Millennium Stadium suited him right down to the ground.

He may have been sidelined for a month with a broken bone in his left hand.

Yet he quickly made up for lost time, coming off the bench to set up first-half tries for Chris Thorman and Stephen Wild with neat kicks, before grabbing one of his own three minutes into the second half.

That came courtesy of a slice of Millennium magic from Brad Drew, who along with Paul put the Giants in a totally different class.

With these two big-game players pulling all the strings, Wakefield spent the entire game on the back foot.

The Wildcats did give it their best shot in the opening quarter, restricting the Giants to just two Thorman penalties.

Yet once the inspirational Drew had put Jamahl Lolesi clear to set up Wild for the opening try, the final outcome was inevitable.

A Jamie Rooney penalty after 27 minutes did give Wakefield a slight glimmer of hope.

But all it did was galvanise the Giants, who responded with two tries, converted by Thorman, in the space of four minutes to open up a 20-2 advantage.

First, Paul stabbed a ball under the posts for Thorman to follow up and then he dummied one way and went the other to toe-poke ahead for Wild to touch down.

Although former Giant Paul White crossed for Wakefield's opener just before the break, Huddersfield started the second half the stronger.

Within three minutes Paul had raced over and, six minutes later, a strong Eorl Crabtree break set up position for Drew to kick to the corner for Lolesi to touch down.

Unfortunately, the tryscorer was sent to the sin-bin in the 66th minute for holding down Sam Obst.

But Huddersfield responded with Drew and Kevin Brown feeding Martin Aspinwall to score in the corner.

Rooney grabbed his consolation try in the final second, but this contest was again all about Huddersfield Giants!