Calling all crafters, cooks and bakers! You could be a prizewinner at Mirfield Agricultural Show this year.
The August 17 event's Domestic Baking Show gives the chance for creative types to showcase their work in 24 different categories.
Are your scones the best in West Yorkshire? Are your photographs picture perfect?
From baking to photography, decoupage and more, the competition attracts exhibitors from all over Yorkshire - is there a category for you?
Click below for pictures from last year's show
Here's everything you need to know about the Domestic Baking Show:
When and where is the Domestic Baking Show?
The domestic and baking marquee at Mirfield Showground opens at 8.30am on show day - staging and registration is held until 10am.
The judging takes place from 11am. Once completed, the exhibits and winners will be on public display until 4pm, when the prize money will be awarded.
All exhibits must be cleared by 5pm.
What classes can I enter?
Cookery and baking classes:
- Class 43 - one jar of lemon curd
- Class 44 - one jar of any fruit jam
- Class 45 - one jar marmalade
- Class 46 - one jar chutney
- Class 47 - round of shortbread
- Class 48 - four pieces flapjack
- Class 49 - date and walnut loaf
- Class 50 - one loaf handmade bread
- Class 51 - one Yorkshire cur tart (18cm)
- Class 52 - four fruit scones
- Class 53 - cheese and onion flan (18cm)
- Class 54 - four hand decorated cupcakes
- Class 55 - four round Yorkshire puddings
- Class 56 - men only chocolate fudge cake - click here for the recipe
- Class 57 - handmade soft toy
- Class 58 - cross stitch from pattern or print
- Class 59 - greetings card
- Class 60 - decoupage
- Class 61 - any knitted article
Adult Art class - £50 prize
- Class 62 - A piece of art on paper or canvas using any paint or drawing material depicting a Yorkshire scene, object or portrait
Photography classes (maximum two entries per person, per class)
- Class 63 - seasons of the year
- Class 64 - local scene
- Class 65 - water scene
- Class 66 - humour with caption
How do I enter?
Bring your entries to the domestic and baking marquee between 8.30am and 10am on show day for staging and registration.
Adult entries cost 20p per class and children and novice classes are free.
What prizes are up for grabs?
For each class, the prize money is as follows:
- 1st prize - £2
- 2nd prize - £1.50
- 3rd prize - £1
(Except classes 17 and 19, where the prizes are 1st prize - £10, 2nd prize - £5, and 2rd prize - £3.)
There are also three trophies up for grabs:
- The Betty Taylor Memorial Trophy for the Most Domestic Show Points (classes 43-55)
- The Betty Taylor Memorial Trophy for the Best Scone
- The Betty Taylor Memorial Trophy for the Men-Only Class
What are the competition rules?
- All exhibits must have been designed/created by the exhibitor within the last 12 months.
- Any exhibitor staging more or less than the number of exhibits required for the relevant class will be disqualified.
- Entries must be received no later than 10.45am on show day.
- The judge's decision is final.
- The committee reserves the right to amend the programme if necessary.